Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cream Cheese Jalapenos Wrapped in Bacon

One of my favorite blogs for kitchen inspiration is the Pioneer Woman Cooks. She always has the most delicious recipes (not to mention mouth-watering photos!), and I'm never disappointed when I re-create them in my own kitchen. When I came across her blog a couple years ago, the first recipe that drew me in was her "Bacon-wrapped Jalapeno Thingies"... oh. my. lord. They are addictive and delicious, and I give them credit for one of the many reasons why my BF loves me. I'm only half-joking. I passed the recipe on to my BF's mother, and now the rest of his family is hooked as well.


I have tried variations of this recipe, like adding shredded cheese to the cream cheese, adding salt/pepper, adding sausage to the stuffing, changing the time and heat... While they were all yummy variations, they never came close to the unadulterated version. PW had it right (oh so right) the first time, so I'm just going to give you a link to her blog and recipe so you can go straight to the source of all things delicious!

Here is the link to the cream cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon. 

I only have a few words of caution: Her website induces hunger, even if you just ate a feast. You will make these jalapenos more than once, no matter how hard you try to resist. These babies can be verrry spicy, so have some beer (or milk) on hand to tame them.


No comments:

Post a Comment