Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ginger Beef and Bok Choy Stir Fry



Delicious and flavorful dishes do not have to be complex or expensive, and this is a perfect example of a quick and cheap yet scrumptious and filling meal. I kept thinking that I was forgetting something when I went to dish it up, that's how minimal the work is! It took me more time to eat my dinner than it did to make it, and that's a sure sign of a successful meal in my books.


Serves 2

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil  (can substitute canola)
  • 1 lb beef (chuck steak cut into strips, most grocery stores will sell the strips all prepped for you)
  • 8-10 baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
  • 1 tablespoon minced ginger
  • 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, sriracha
Directions:
  1.  Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil the the hot pan, then add in the beef. Cook the beef for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally to brown all over. 
  2. Add the baby bok choy, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce. Cook until bok choy is tender, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds then serve it up! I drizzled sriracha on my bowl of beef and baby bok choy for some heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment