Sunday, March 2, 2014

Gin & Soda with Lime



Now for something short and sweet: I love gin and tonics like Augustus Gloop loves chocolate. I love chocolate, too, but when it comes to adult beverages I prefer unsweetened and even a bit on the sour side. Thus my undying love for G&T's. Unfortunately tonic water has almost as many calories as regular sweet carbonated beverages like coke or ginger ale, so I like to swap the tonic for zero-cal soda water.  This is a perfect example of adulthood: attempting to be health conscious while I get my drink on.

Makes 2

Ingredients:
  • 4 ounces gin (I prefer Beefeater)
  • 12 ounces soda water (1 can)
  • 1 lime, sliced
  • Ice 
Directions:
  1. Place ice in two glasses. Add 2 oz. gin to each glass, pour 1/2 can soda water into each glass.
  2. Lightly squeeze one slice of lime into each glass, then add the remaining slices to the glasses and stir. Serve and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment