Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Basil and Peach Pizza

The universe wanted me to have this pizza for dinner. My sister emailed me a recipe from two peas & their pod that looked so delicious and summer-perfect that I knew I would have to make it soon. Check out the pictures of their Peach, Basil, Mozzarella, & Balsamic Pizza that had my mouth watering and my tummy grumbling! Ooooh weee!

Oddly enough, when I went to the grocery store a few hours after drooling over their blog, all of the piza ingredients were on sale! Okay, Universe, I hear ya! I'll do it! ...

I tweaked the recipe and cheated on the crust... yes, I buy pre-made pizza shells and they are amazing! One time I tried to use store-bought dough, and my BF had to intervene before I had a meltdown because I couldn't roll it out properly. Never again! Well... never again for now :) My version is not nearly as beautiful, but it sure is tasty!

I really hope you try this pizza because it is so yummy!

Ingredients:
  • Mini pizza shell
  • 1 tsp. minced jalepeno
  • 5 large basil leaves, finelychopped
  • 1/2 peach, thinly sliced (unless you can resist eating the other half, in which case you can use the whole peach)
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • Mozzarella
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 525 F, and heat a small skillet over high heat. Once the pan is hot, add a tiny bit of olive oil and the peach. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly to make sure everything gets cooked and soft!
  2. In a separate small pan, reduce the balsamic vinegar to about half the quantity over medium-low heat. 
  3. Combine the peaches, balsamic, and basil in a bowl, and mash!
  4. Spread the peach mash on the pizza shell, top with mozzarella, then sprinkle on the jalepenos. Cook in the center of the oven on a baking sheet (or hot pizza stone) for 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and brown. 
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment