Monday, June 11, 2012

Slow Cooker Chipotle Barbeque and Lime Chicken

My slow cooker is my best friend in the kitchen. When I want sauces and sides to be the stars on the plate, I usually throw a chicken or a hunk o' beef in the slow cooker. I knew we were going to have soft tacos for dinner tonight, so last night before bed I added the marinade to the chicken and let it defrost overnight. Now, I have an arsenal of hot sauce, so if you don't have chipotle sauce on hand you can find it in, surprise, the hot sauce section of most grocery stores. Otherwise, you can add any other hot sauce you like to the mix (like tapatio or cholula!).

The chicken goes well with Mexican flavors, but I plan to use my leftovers in a lasagna!
If you are looking for sides to accompany this dish, check out my post here!

Makes enough for 8 soft tacos plus leftovers
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup bbq sauce
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 1/2 cup chipotle sauce
  • 1 roasting chicken
Directions:
  1. The night before, marinade the chicken in all of the sauces (you can put it all in a large ziploc bag or in a plastic-wrap covered deep dish). 
  2. In the morning, place the chicken and the marinade in a slow cooker over high heat. Cook for 8-10 hours. 
  3. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker using tongs, and carve it. Add the meat back into the sauce of the slow cooker, and keep it on low heat until serving time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment