Sunday, June 24, 2012

Teriyaki Beef and Mushrooms

My slow cooker has saved me from many kitchen meltdowns, and when I'm feeling lazy I know that I can always plop a few food items in the cooker and let magic happen. The other day we needed something to eat for dinner but we also hadn't been grocery shopping in a while, so the only fresh items we had were a bunch of white mushrooms. We popped them in the slow cooker with some stewing beef and it became a dish that I will make many more times in the future!


Serves 2
Ingredients:
  • 1 package of stewing beef
  • 20 white mushrooms, cleaned with stems trimmed 
  • 4 cloves of garlic, chopped 
  • 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
 Directions:
  1. Place all of the ingredients in your slow cooker over high heat for 5 hours. Take off the lid and let it cook for another 30 minutes (this helps the sauce reduce a bit). 
  2. Serve over rice or udon noodles!

Tip: This dish would pair well with steamed edamame, ponzu-glazed asparagus , or a simple green salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment