Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Creamy Pasta with Bacon, Asparagus, and Mushrooms

One thing you are pretty much guaranteed to find in my fridge at all times of the year is a bundle of asparagus. Asparagus sneaks its way into pretty much everything I make, from pizza to spring rolls, sandwiches to quesadillas, pasta to salads.... I love it. And luckily, so does the BF so I don't get any complaints about having asparagus for the hundredth time this month.

I don't usually buy bacon, but this week it was on sale and all of a sudden I was salivating. I had to have bacon in my life right away.

I had just a few mushrooms, a few stalks of asparagus, and a couple slices of bacon left in my fridge which suddenly added up to be my decadent dinner the other night. This pasta is quick and easy, super-rich and yummy... pretty much the best pasta I've had in a while.


Ingredients:
  •  4 mushrooms
  • 3 stalks of asparagus
  • 2 slices of bacon
  • 1 cup pasta (shells or rotini)
  • Alfredo sauce (I cheated an used a jar, but you can make it from scratch!)
Directions:
  1. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Slice the mushrooms, cute the asparagus stalks into quarters, and chop the bacon into small pieces. Add to the skillet and cook until the bacon is crisp. 
  2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a medium pan and drain it. Put the pasta back into the pan for later. Prepare a plate lined with paper towels or napkins for the bacon mix.
  3. Once the bacon is fully cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon and veggies to drain on the prepared plate. Add the desired amount of alfredo sauce to the pasta, and turn onto low heat. Add the bacon mixture, stir until the pasta is heated through. Serve warm!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment